Shut up. I’m collecting these for future personal happiness boosts.
# ............... # i'll be in my bunk # spartacus # nagron # the most perfect ship in the otp sea
# GOOD MORNING EVERYONE # HAVE SOME NAGRON SEX ON YOUR DASH # LOOK AT HOW HAPPY THEY ARE # LOOK AT THEM # PRECIOUS REBEL WARRIOR BOYFRANZ # spartacus # nagron # THE MOST PERFECT SHIP IN THE OTP SEA
# MY NAGRON TAG USED FOR A CONFESSION? # I FEEL LIKE I FINALLY ACCOMPLISHED SOMETHING IN MY LIFE # but it's true # they really are the most perfect ship in the otp sea # spartacus # nagron # the most perfect ship in the otp sea
TELL ME ABOUT ALL YOUR CURRENT NAGRON FEELS.
My current Nagron feels are a bit subdued at the moment, but will more than likely start raging again once the new season of Spartacus begins in January. Still, though, this pairing is so goddamn perfect it takes my breath away. The relationship itself, the characters themselves, and what they represent is just so…refreshing.
It is so wonderful to see a canon gay couple whose main issues are OUTSIDE of their sexuality. The biggest obstacle to their long-term happiness isn’t their sexuality, their confusion over it, or homophobia. The biggest obstacle to their long-term happiness is that they are soldiers fighting a war against a ruthless regime, and I know that they’re never going to get that happy ending, but at least it won’t be because they’re gay. Not to mention neither one of them are the ridiculously over-the-top and offensive gay characters you normally see on TV. Their sexuality, while important to them, isn’t their defining characteristic.
I swear to God, Nagron is only one of many reasons why Spartacus is seriously the best TV show that no one is watching.
# ask # anon # spartacus # nagron # the most perfect ship in the otp sea # meta
The kiss that changed the nation. That started an internet revolution. Nagron, I believe it’s called.
Commentary on Spartacus Vengeance Libertus
Dear Liam, you forgot that it is also called The Most Perfect Ship in the OTP Sea
# they think they know # who we are # what we're capable of # we haven't even begun # spartacus # nagron # the most perfect ship in the otp sea
Extended Scene From Balance
Apologies for the logo in the center. I have no idea how to get rid of it, but at least it’s small.
Pretty sure this scene is supposed to be cute and light-hearted and that I’m reading too much into it, BUT I’M GOING TO READ FUCKING MILES INTO IT because it’s magnificent and cements my idea that Nasir will turn out to be the voice of reason at some points in Season 3.
Things that are happening in this scene:
- Nasir being simultaneously compassionate, reasonable and incredibly naive.
- Nasir, love, I know you lived among Romans all your life, but I’m pretty sure you’ve never met anyone like Ilithyia, because there is no one like Ilithyia. There is only Ilithyia.
- However, at this point, what he sees is a pregnant, frightened woman who’s being held prisoner for purposes that aren’t entirely clear. So his reaction to that is compassion/reason. I LOVE YOU NASIR HAVE I MENTIONED THAT TODAY?
- Testament to this series gr10 writing, and in the fine tradition of Agron getting the stink-eye whenever he points out morally uncomfortable truths: Agron is also right and reasonable.
- He knows Ilithyia better than Nasir, and while he has never directly been a victim of her plots, he can draw conclusions based on other people’s unfortunate experiences. Are you taking notes, Sparty?
- I’m now convinced Lucius was killed off for the exact same reason as Mira. If these two plus Nasir had banded together to form the Rebel Camp Zero Bullshit Tolerance Society, season 3 would have had like, 1.5 episodes, and 90% of that would be about people packing their bags.
- On a lighter note: ‘A familiar song bleated from your fucking tongue…’ LOOK ALEX MORE LIVESTOCK REFERENCES.
- Nasir laughing. Can we talk about Nasir laughing? Because Nasir laughing is a tiny and delightful detail that actually speaks volumes about his character. It’s (a) completely spontaneous and he cuts himself short when Agron glares at him; and (b) actually in response to Agron being ridiculed.
- Which I find insanely awesome, not because he’s laughing at his lover being ridiculed, but because he’s finally comfortable enough in his most intimate relationship to do that. Spontaneously. He’s in a place right now where he doesn’t constantly need to check his reactions and doesn’t have reasons to seriously fear their consequences. Freedom’s not all about the absence of chains. And they got this through in under 5 seconds and with only a tiny laugh. A++ writing/acting WHY ARE PEOPLE NOT THROWING ALL THE AWARDS AT YOU
- Agron proves him absolutely right on that account. Because his reaction is to glare a bit, then sort of pout, then go ‘Well, I guess he’s old and sentimental.’
- And the thing with Agron is, from the start, this relationship has been about him learning bit by bit to control himself. From Nasir’s ‘So your bro died because you turned on the Romans’ (which lbr, under those circumstances was a fully intentional low blow) to this, he’s gradually learned that the world does not exist for the sole purpose of provoking him. He’s learned that there are more than two categories of people out there and they are not ‘With me’ and ‘Against me’. Someone who loves him deeply can and will defy him openly if they think he’s wrong, and it doesn’t mean they love him any less.
- The point I’m trying to make: someone, I don’t remember who, wrote an excellent post a while ago about how Naevia and Crixus’ relationship is so lovely because they bring out the best in eachother, despite all the drama they’ve gone through. It’s no less true of Agron and Nasir, but because they are basically drama-free and so friggin’ happy all the time, it’s more difficult to see. Nasir has learned that freedom doesn’t mean being passed from one master to another, as he’d thought at the beginning, that he can can make his own choices and he will not suffer unfairly for them. He’s learned not to be afraid. Agron has learned to be less aggressive and angry, and how to cope with grief. I think he’s done a fair bit of actual growing up since he met Nasir.
- I love them so much.
- Deer gawd, I wrote a book.
TL;DR This is my favourite Agron/Nasir scene. It beats the kissing and the background cuddling and the almost wall-sex and the ‘fucking Syrians’ and I’m not sorry.
Nasir/Mira/Lucius for triumvirate.
I completely missed the “bleat” thing! The goat farm is the most canon thing on this show, I swear to god. Also, is it weird that I briefly forgot that my name was Alex? I usually use a nickname when I’m moving in fandom circles, but I just don’t for Spartacus for some reason, and I was like WHO ELSE—ohhhh right, that’s me. :P
# BEST FANDOM EVER RIGHT HERE # YOU CAN ALWAYS COUNT ON THE SPARTACUS FANDOM TO PROVIDE ALL THE META ALL THE TIME # spartacus # nagron # the most perfect ship in the otp sea # meta
# AWW YEAH # JUST LOOK AT THESE TWO WARRIOR BOYFRANS RIGHT HERE # AGRON IS LIKE 'AWW FUCK YEAH GONNA GO KILL SOME ROMAN SHITS YES I AM FUCKING READY LET'S FUCKING DO THIS!' # AND NASIR IS ALL 'DON'T YOU WORRY ABOUT A FUCKING THANG BB I WILL MAKE SURE YOU GET DOWN THE SIDE OF THIS MOUNTAIN SAFELY' # CAUSE NAGRON FIGHTS FOR FREEDOM AND LOVE AND SEXYTIMES AND WILL REIGN FIRE DOWN UPON THE ROMAN SHITS WHO DARE TO TAKE THAT AWAY FROM THEM # spartacus # nagron # the most perfect ship in the otp sea
# ask # anon # spartacus # nagron # the most perfect ship in the otp sea # why would you kill them anon # why would you kill them
First Nagron screencap from Spartacus: War of The Damned
After making some gifs from that preview I realized that Nasir is by Agron’s side goin’ to kill the romans
*flails* !!! asdfghjklkjhgfd <333
LOOK AT THEM RIDING INTO BATTLE TOGETHER
ARE YOU DONE LOOKING?
I’M LOOKING I’M LOOKING!!!!!! OMG I DON’T EVEN WANT IT TO BE JANUARY BECAUSE THEN IT’S CLOSER TO OVER AND CAN WE JUST DO THIS WITH THE LITTLE BITS AND PIECES ALL THE TIME FOREVER AND FOREVER AND I THINK NASIR ONLY HAS HALF A SHIRT ON WHICH IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN AGRON’S NEW GODDAMN VICTORIAN BLOODY COVERS EVERYTHING!!!
I can’t take this shit.
Look at them together!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I NEED MY DOSE OF GLADIATOR BOYFRANS FIGHTING ROMAN SHITS TO THE DEATH IS IT JANUARY YET?!?!?!
# i know it's asking a lot # BUT CAN I PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HAVE ONE OTP THAT MAKES IT # LOOK AT THEM # FUCKING UP ROMAN SHITS LIKE A BOSS # UGH GOD # WHY ISN'T IT JANUARY YET # spartacus # nagron # the most perfect ship in the otp sea
Agron LITERALLY drooling at Nasir….how could I possibly resist posting this? hehehe
OMFG Agron gleecked. LMAO
Reposting for hilarity! :)
Will someone please get the man a bib … horrible pickup lines and salivating problems … why do we worship at the shrine of the Agron … oh yeah … de DIMPLES! … de thighs … and de … butt
YEP!!! At least we know he drools in the presence of Nasir! it’s adorable….I think hahaha
I love a man who salivates at the mouth at the sight of what turn him own… NASIR KNEW AT THIS MOMENT..HE OWNED AGRON’S ASS!
Love all of these comments. And it certainly explains Nasir’s uncertain look that I take to mean’ I’m flattered but I’m not sure if he is going to eat me or not.’ Which he later learns that Agron does like nibbling on him and he doesn’t mind at all.
Episode #9 of Deciphering Agron’s Intent: Agron’s A Smooooth Operatooooor
What Agron Says: You favor clever strategy; fuck the man from behind.
What Agron Means: I totally dig brains in my man, just. FYI.
What Agron’s Body Says: HOLY SHIT I AM READY FUCK THERE HAS NEVER BEEN A BODY MORE READY THAN I AM READY RIGHT NOW JUST LOOK AT THIS MOUTH INSTA-LUBRICATION AT YOUR DISPOSAL HEY DID I MENTION THE PART WHERE I AM TOTALLY READY YOU KNOW WHAT WOULD LOOK REALLY GOOD IN THIS MOUTH YOUR COCK AM RIGHT OR AM I RIGHT
And Nasir is just like, “….not sure if want?”