Spartacus: War of the Damned, Naevia
# from slave to warrior goddess # you do you bb # spartacus # naevia # awesome ladies being awesome week
Shut up. I’m collecting these for future personal happiness boosts.
# ............... # i'll be in my bunk # spartacus # nagron # the most perfect ship in the otp sea
# GOOD MORNING EVERYONE # HAVE SOME NAGRON SEX ON YOUR DASH # LOOK AT HOW HAPPY THEY ARE # LOOK AT THEM # PRECIOUS REBEL WARRIOR BOYFRANZ # spartacus # nagron # THE MOST PERFECT SHIP IN THE OTP SEA
# I NEVER REALIZED THIS UNTIL NOW # UGH GOD # THIS SHOW AND ITS PERFECT GODDAMN METAPHORS # NO SHOW DOES METAPHORS LIKE SPARTACUS # spartacus # ugh mira bb i love u
# MY NAGRON TAG USED FOR A CONFESSION? # I FEEL LIKE I FINALLY ACCOMPLISHED SOMETHING IN MY LIFE # but it's true # they really are the most perfect ship in the otp sea # spartacus # nagron # the most perfect ship in the otp sea
/Spartacus/ ~ Gladiators are SEXY and they Know It!
Nononononono… This is too much. XDDDDD Genius!
PURE PERFECTION THIS VIDEO IS JUST UNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNF!!!!
# D E A D # D E C E A S E D # REBLOGGING FROM THE GRAVE # spartacus: the show where everyone is sexy and they know it while fighting for freedom # spartacus # fanvid
No idea if you're someone who gets excited about stuff like this, but what were your thoughts on the deleted Nagron scene? Because I thought it was awesome and perfect and insert a loooooot of feels and I love all the meta that is floating around about it, but I'm curious about your thoughts :)
I do get excited about deleted scenes! And I have to say that the deleted Nagron scene itself wasn’t incredibly significant and it makes sense why it was cut, what I absolutely love is the fandom’s response to said scene. Spartacus is one of the most intelligent TV shows I’ve ever watched, and the fandom follows in the same suit. Flyingthebanners’ meta is SPOT-ON and perfectly worded, but what REALLY amazes me is that I don’t think the writers intended this scene to be an example of character development, but the fandom TURNED it into an example of character development. Spartacus as a show has constantly delivered thought-provoking and incredibly deep scenes/writing throughout its entire run, and as such the fandom is almost conditioned in a way to examine each and every scene as if it is character development, even if it wasn’t what the show intended at the time. Does that make sense? Basically TL;DR the scene itself was cute but it was the fandom’s response to it that really makes me love it.
TELL ME ABOUT ALL YOUR CURRENT NAGRON FEELS.
My current Nagron feels are a bit subdued at the moment, but will more than likely start raging again once the new season of Spartacus begins in January. Still, though, this pairing is so goddamn perfect it takes my breath away. The relationship itself, the characters themselves, and what they represent is just so…refreshing.
It is so wonderful to see a canon gay couple whose main issues are OUTSIDE of their sexuality. The biggest obstacle to their long-term happiness isn’t their sexuality, their confusion over it, or homophobia. The biggest obstacle to their long-term happiness is that they are soldiers fighting a war against a ruthless regime, and I know that they’re never going to get that happy ending, but at least it won’t be because they’re gay. Not to mention neither one of them are the ridiculously over-the-top and offensive gay characters you normally see on TV. Their sexuality, while important to them, isn’t their defining characteristic.
I swear to God, Nagron is only one of many reasons why Spartacus is seriously the best TV show that no one is watching.
# ask # anon # spartacus # nagron # the most perfect ship in the otp sea # meta
The kiss that changed the nation. That started an internet revolution. Nagron, I believe it’s called.
Commentary on Spartacus Vengeance Libertus
Dear Liam, you forgot that it is also called The Most Perfect Ship in the OTP Sea
# they think they know # who we are # what we're capable of # we haven't even begun # spartacus # nagron # the most perfect ship in the otp sea
Extended Scene From Balance
Apologies for the logo in the center. I have no idea how to get rid of it, but at least it’s small.
Pretty sure this scene is supposed to be cute and light-hearted and that I’m reading too much into it, BUT I’M GOING TO READ FUCKING MILES INTO IT because it’s magnificent and cements my idea that Nasir will turn out to be the voice of reason at some points in Season 3.
Things that are happening in this scene:
- Nasir being simultaneously compassionate, reasonable and incredibly naive.
- Nasir, love, I know you lived among Romans all your life, but I’m pretty sure you’ve never met anyone like Ilithyia, because there is no one like Ilithyia. There is only Ilithyia.
- However, at this point, what he sees is a pregnant, frightened woman who’s being held prisoner for purposes that aren’t entirely clear. So his reaction to that is compassion/reason. I LOVE YOU NASIR HAVE I MENTIONED THAT TODAY?
- Testament to this series gr10 writing, and in the fine tradition of Agron getting the stink-eye whenever he points out morally uncomfortable truths: Agron is also right and reasonable.
- He knows Ilithyia better than Nasir, and while he has never directly been a victim of her plots, he can draw conclusions based on other people’s unfortunate experiences. Are you taking notes, Sparty?
- I’m now convinced Lucius was killed off for the exact same reason as Mira. If these two plus Nasir had banded together to form the Rebel Camp Zero Bullshit Tolerance Society, season 3 would have had like, 1.5 episodes, and 90% of that would be about people packing their bags.
- On a lighter note: ‘A familiar song bleated from your fucking tongue…’ LOOK ALEX MORE LIVESTOCK REFERENCES.
- Nasir laughing. Can we talk about Nasir laughing? Because Nasir laughing is a tiny and delightful detail that actually speaks volumes about his character. It’s (a) completely spontaneous and he cuts himself short when Agron glares at him; and (b) actually in response to Agron being ridiculed.
- Which I find insanely awesome, not because he’s laughing at his lover being ridiculed, but because he’s finally comfortable enough in his most intimate relationship to do that. Spontaneously. He’s in a place right now where he doesn’t constantly need to check his reactions and doesn’t have reasons to seriously fear their consequences. Freedom’s not all about the absence of chains. And they got this through in under 5 seconds and with only a tiny laugh. A++ writing/acting WHY ARE PEOPLE NOT THROWING ALL THE AWARDS AT YOU
- Agron proves him absolutely right on that account. Because his reaction is to glare a bit, then sort of pout, then go ‘Well, I guess he’s old and sentimental.’
- And the thing with Agron is, from the start, this relationship has been about him learning bit by bit to control himself. From Nasir’s ‘So your bro died because you turned on the Romans’ (which lbr, under those circumstances was a fully intentional low blow) to this, he’s gradually learned that the world does not exist for the sole purpose of provoking him. He’s learned that there are more than two categories of people out there and they are not ‘With me’ and ‘Against me’. Someone who loves him deeply can and will defy him openly if they think he’s wrong, and it doesn’t mean they love him any less.
- The point I’m trying to make: someone, I don’t remember who, wrote an excellent post a while ago about how Naevia and Crixus’ relationship is so lovely because they bring out the best in eachother, despite all the drama they’ve gone through. It’s no less true of Agron and Nasir, but because they are basically drama-free and so friggin’ happy all the time, it’s more difficult to see. Nasir has learned that freedom doesn’t mean being passed from one master to another, as he’d thought at the beginning, that he can can make his own choices and he will not suffer unfairly for them. He’s learned not to be afraid. Agron has learned to be less aggressive and angry, and how to cope with grief. I think he’s done a fair bit of actual growing up since he met Nasir.
- I love them so much.
- Deer gawd, I wrote a book.
TL;DR This is my favourite Agron/Nasir scene. It beats the kissing and the background cuddling and the almost wall-sex and the ‘fucking Syrians’ and I’m not sorry.
Nasir/Mira/Lucius for triumvirate.
I completely missed the “bleat” thing! The goat farm is the most canon thing on this show, I swear to god. Also, is it weird that I briefly forgot that my name was Alex? I usually use a nickname when I’m moving in fandom circles, but I just don’t for Spartacus for some reason, and I was like WHO ELSE—ohhhh right, that’s me. :P